For best results, follow these simple guidelines for serving Gefilteria gefilte fish:
- Remove gefilte fish terrine from the box and plastic wrapping, and place it on a plate or dish lined with paper towel. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the gefilte fish (on its dish) in the refrigerator for 24-36 hours before serving (thawing times vary based on refrigerator temperatures).
- Once gefilte fish is thawed (feels soft to the touch), drain off any excess liquid. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- If gefilte fish remains slightly frozen at the time you’d like to serve, simply slice the loaf and leave sliced pieces at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve gefilte fish in thin slices, accompanied by fresh horseradish relish. Gefilte fish will be delicious for about 5 days after thawing.